16 Stages of Trying To Meet Your Essay Deadlines, As Told By Doctor Who
Essay deadlines are an integral part of being a student, and yet it can sometimes feel like you need to be a Time Lord in order to meet them.
1. You start off feeling fired up and ready to go.
2. And you promise yourself you’re going to stay on top of everything.
Because why wouldn’t you?
3. You definitely see no reason to panic yet.
You have loads of time.
4. Until your lecturer reveals just how much is expected of you.
5. But you probably still have loads of time.
6. And no one else has started yet. Probably.
7. So you allow yourself to continue being blissfully ignorant of all the work you still need to do.
8. However, you suddenly start to hear people say they’ve already handed one of their assignments in.
9. And it dawns on you how difficult you’ve just made things for yourself.
10. You hunker down and tell yourself everything will be okay.
11. But, in reality, you’re panicking.
12. Because you don’t really know what you’re doing.
13. Or how you’re ever going to meet the deadline.
14. You’re still panicking when you manage to finish because you’re not sure you even understand what you’ve written.
15. But, you made the deadline, and you feel pretty good about that.
16. Until you remember that there are still several more assignments left to do this year, that is.