14 Things All Final Years Are Trying Not To Think About Right Now
The start of this new semester marks the start of an important time for final years. It also marks the start of a time in which you try to avoid thinking about things such as these:
1. The fact that there’s only one more student loan left.
2. And that you’ll actually have to start looking for something to do with your degree soon.
3. Because you still don’t have a clue what you’re doing.
4. The realisation that the dissertation isn’t really something you can just ignore any more.
5. And your addiction to Netflix binges is becoming a real concern.
6. The looming prospect of graduating soon…in front of hundreds of people.
7. And the thought of having to sit through interviews for graduate jobs you’re probably not qualified for.
8. Not knowing how you’re going to cope as a graduate when you can barely cope as a student.
9. Or how you’ll manage not seeing your uni friends every day.
10. The thought of having to move back in with your parents.
11. And give up your student discount.
12. The distance between you and a first.
13. And the regret that you didn’t try harder in second year.
14. But most of all, you’re just trying not to think of how much you’re going to miss it all when you’ve graduated.