17 Upsetting Realities of Going On a Night Out as a Final Year
When you reach your final year of university, there are some things only you can relate to on a night out.
1. Pre-drinks isn’t really about downing the most pints in an hour while playing ‘Ring Of Fire’ or ‘I Have Never’ any more.
2. Partly because you already know everything there is to know about your friends at this point.
3. But mostly because it always seems to involve unintentionally deep conversations about the future these days.
Which never ends well.
4. And usually leads to someone freaking out over their life choices.
5. Or breaking down and making you all promise to stay in touch after graduation.
6. While another friend, probably the one who promised they were only coming for pre-drinks and not having any alcohol, becomes the life and soul of the party.
7. When you finally arrive at the union bar you feel the furthest away from 18 you’ve ever felt.
8. And watching all the happy, carefree Freshers do their shots makes you irrationally angry.
9. So, naturally, you all have to do shots too.
Show them how it’s done.
10. And send several Snapchats to those friends who are doing a better job of being a final year than you are.
11. You seem to spend a lot of the night trying to avoid various people you got with over the past few years.
12. And often end up venting to unsuspecting and probably uncomfortable bartenders.
13. Hearing a song that reminds you of first year makes you all embarrassingly emotional.
14. And you tend to leave early because food is more important than staying to the end these days.
15. But also because you’re a final year now and, to be honest, it’s past your bedtime.
16. When you get home you swear you’ll give it a miss next time.
17. But deep down you know that’s probably not going to happen.
It is final year, after all.