24 Things You’ll Really Miss About The University of Hull When You Leave
Remember when you first arrived at uni as a bright-eyed fresher who wasn’t really sure where to find Hull on the map? Now, a degree later, it’s time to say goodbye to Hullywood, and you’re not sure you’re ready. You’ll definitely miss a lot.
1. The University campus.
2. The coffee shops on Newland Ave.
3. Nights out at [W]elly.
Won’t miss that queue though.
4. Knowing that if you can’t afford a night out in town, you’ll always be able to scrounge enough together for a night out in Brassick.
5. £1.75 drinks? Yes please.
6. Hull Fair.
It’s the oldest and largest fair in Europe, why else would you want to stand in the cold for hours waiting to get a ride on the bumper cars?
7. The cobbled streets of Old Town.
8. And the hidden treasure that is Hull Marina.
9. The Classic first date trip to The Deep.
Because all good love stories start surrounded by fish.
10. Getting a pint in Sanc after a lecture.
It really washes those lecture notes down.
11. Headlines like this.
12. And very important information like this
It really is never Dull in Hull.
13. The random puddle on Cottingham Road that is there come rain or shine.
One of life’s greatest mysteries.
14. Ordering a taxi at half past and the driver casually turning up at ten to, but you can’t be made at them because they’re friendly.
Damn you and your cheerful mood.
15. Celebrating almost any occasion with dinner and cocktails at Roots.
16. Moaning about the line up for the End of Year Ball and then buying a ticket anyway.
17. This absolute legend from San Remos on Cott Road.
Who is never judgemental about the state you’re in.