11 Signs You Did Freshers’ At Kent
You came, you saw, you… conquered? Freshers’ week at Kent is like a weird week-long initiation process. Now that you’ve been through it, you can tick these things off your UKC bucket list.
1. You spent a lot of time in uni bars.
Crawling around every one of our awesome bars is a Freshers’ Week must.
2. You flocked to the Freshers’ Fayre and got forced to sign up for stuff.
In the excitement of free pens and pizza you gave out your email to anyone who asked and now feel deep regret as your email inbox just turns into one giant spam folder.
3. Venue was your new home.
Leaving the safety of the student night club to try a night in town is just too daunting for many freshers.
4. You bought some stuff in Essentials and now realise you can’t afford to shop there.
It’s more like exponentials than Essentials.
5. You crammed a load of people into your kitchen for a freshers gathering.
Tiny Tyler kitchens packed full people awkwardly making new friends is the UKC way.
6. You stuffed your face with free food at your college gathering.
Free food that you don’t even have to cook yourself = a student’s dream.
7. You got totally lost trying to find the gym for registration.
It took 4 hours to track down and another 4 hours to reach the front of the queue.
8. You immediately hate your ID card photo that you’re stuck with for 3 years.
Well it looks like a goblin has just signed up to study at Kent.
9. You got a load of random new numbers in your phone.
Your phone may be full of random people’s numbers who you only met once in Venue but all that is worth it when you find out one of those people is on your course.
10. You went to an awkward library orientation with people you’ll never speak to or see again.
The boredom of your first library session is made worse by being forced to do it with new scary people.
11. Most importantly though, you fell in love with UKC.
Not only for the yak game and the new found freedom, but of course for the awesome Freshers’ Week.