11 Things That Will Inevitably Happen To You This Festive Season
The festive season comes round once a year, as do all the following:
1. You’ll end up watching ITV2’s continual screening of love actually, each time cursing Mia for ruining Emma Thompson’s marriage.
2. You’ll eat all the food.
3. And you’ll drink all the drink.
4. You’ll have to fake an enthused reaction to the wacky gift your estranged uncle Bernie got you.
5. You’ll go Christmas shopping on Oxford Street thinking it’s a grand idea and instantly regret it.
6. You’ll worry that you aren’t feeling ‘Christmassy’ enough yet and make a conscious effort to get into the festive spirit by immersing yourself in all things Christmas.
7. You’ll order a gingerbread-praline-caramel-peppermint-mocha from Costa in spite of the fact it tastes like the cookie monster just threw up in your cup.
8. For one whole month you’ll listen to pretty much nothing but the same twenty songs on a loop.
9. The annual family board game will end in carnage and reveal the true colours of your usually meek Aunt Barbara.
10. You’ll endure countless conversations regarding your relationship status, career aspirations and life goals.
11. And you’ll vow to do something different this New Year’s but will end up welcoming 2015 in your usual fashion…
A classic festive season.