17 Reasons Why You’ll Be Glad You Went To Uni Far Away From Home
“It’s a bap.”
1. Being so far away from home means you’re out of your comfort zone.
2. And when home isn’t a simple train journey away, you’re forced to immerse yourself.
3. Your confidence grows.
What is there to lose?
4. And you try new things you never thought you would.
5. It’s likely you won’t know anyone.
6. But more often than not, this is a good thing.
7. You build strong friendships with people in the same boat.
8. Being so far away makes home reunions way more fun.
9. And you’ll have a lot to catch up on so it never feels awkward.
10. You’ll become better at facing hard situations.
11. Because you have to learn to live independently.
12. And have no choice but to (mostly) figure things out for yourself.
Though the odd phone call home is still necessary.
13. You learn a lot about yourself.
14. And realise that there’s a lot more out there beyond where you grew up.
15. Including all the accents that come with them.
16. And you’ll want to go even further and visit your friends at other universities.
17. The only downside is that everyone will tell you you’re wrong in the bap/cob/roll debate.
Stand your ground 🍞