17 Stages of Missing Your Uni Friends Over The Summer Holidays
The summer holidays have only just begun, but you’re probably already missing your uni friends.
1. It’s not so bad at first; you’ve just spent a whole year with them, after all.
“A break might be nice,” you think.
2. Your plans to meet up with home friends distract you from missing them for a while.
3. But it doesn’t take long for the withdrawal to take hold.
4. Going out isn’t the same without them.
Doing tequila shots at your local is just…wrong.
5. And your home friends don’t get the jokes you know they would get.
6. You even miss just sitting around doing nothing with them.
Which apparently is not acceptable when you’re at home…
7. The group chat has never been more alive.
And your phone battery never more dead.
8. You start snapchatting constantly so that you don’t forget each other’s faces.
9. And tagging one another in every meme you find.
10. But this ultimately only reminds you of how far away they are from you.
11. You kind of start to hate them for having the nerve to live so far away from you.
12. Almost as much as you hate how much it would cost you all to travel to each other.
13. You begin to wonder how you’re supposed to go on without them for much longer.
14. And your countdown app becomes your best friend.
Only 252753.5 hours until we are reunited!!!
15. It’s actually embarrassing how much you start to miss them.
16. You end up having to try hard not to wish away your holidays.
17. And just look forward to seeing them again soon.