19 Things You Need To Know About Pre-Drinks Before You Start Uni
At uni, pre-drinking is an absolutely essential part of a good night out.
1. Take a pack of cards. They’re essential.
Even if everyone else does, that’s fine because there can never be too many cards, especially in the realms of uni pre-drinking.
2. BYOB. Always.
And possibly BYOS – Bring Your Own Snacks. Just cause. If you show up to pre-drinks empty handed, you won’t be invited back.
3. Don’t be the music hogger.
4. But if you are designated DJ, don’t bother making a playlist because you will have to take a LOT of requests.
5. Drinking games are going to happen, so be prepared.
And get clued up beforehand, because no one likes explaining Electricity to five different people over loud music.
6. Don’t be afraid to suggest a new game.
7. It’s likely you’ll have all your secrets spilled in Never Have I Ever.
*Dies of humiliation*
8. So get creative with your questions so you can take revenge and get to know other people you don’t yet know.
9. Play fair. Because no one can be that good at Beer Pong.
10. Team work is EVERYTHING.
No one wants to lose the boat race.
11. You’re most likely going to be a massive group squashed into a tiny space.
Which just makes it even more fun.
12. You don’t have to spend a fortune.
Pre drinks are supposed to be cheap and nasty.
13. Basic ‘rules’ for the night are always a good idea.
Drink if you point, say anyone’s first name, drink with your dominant hand only. You’d be surprised how often you’ll get caught out.
14. Prepare yourself for the Dirty Pint.
Literally anything could go in this rancid cup – just plug your nose and chug. Plug and chug, people.
15. Drink something that’s going to make you last the night.
It is a “pre” drink after all, and you want to make it out afterwards.
16. Don’t spend the whole time on your phone.
This is the part of the night you’re most likely to remember.
17. Everyone fears the Shot Roulette.
18. The earlier you start, the better.
Because before you know it the taxis are here.