16 Things That Always Happen When You Try And Find The Oceana Golden Banana
We all dream of winning the £250 Oceana bar tab every Tuesday. All you have to do is run around town, searching for a banana covered in wrapping paper, sounds normal right?
1. Every week you tell yourself that it’s finally your turn.
You can do it.
2. And you start thinking about what you’ll do with your riches.
And who you will share them with.
3. You can’t decide what time to start heading out.
It could be announced at 9, but also at 9:45.
4. You start refreshing your twitter feed every few seconds.
Because you refuse to miss it.
5. You worry your 3G will stop working.
6. You long to be one of the two groups that have rinsed the £250 prize.
7. You don’t know where to tactically place yourself.
What if it’s in Bedford place? Or maybe it’ll be by Lush. How do I prepare?!
8. You panic that you won’t be able to perform well when the picture is released.
9. You tell yourself that you’re only going out if you find it.
But then you decide to drown you sorrows when you don’t.
10. You become convinced that it must have been released and you’ve missed it.
11. When the picture is posted, you lose your shit.
12. And if you instantly recognise the location, you get too smug and forget to start running.
13. But then you start running around and accept that it just isn’t going to happen.
14. And instantly hate the people that did find them.
Because you don’t think they had as much dedication as you.
15. Unless you do find it and then you have to take a selfie.
And avoid anyone who begs you to let them share your winnings.