17 Things Solent Students Are Tired Of Hearing
No matter how much you love Solent, there are just some things that need to not be said.
1. ‘Oh, so you’re from Solent.’
Usually accompanied with disapproving eyes.
2. ‘Is that even a real degree?’
Nope, I just made it up, for my own entertainment.
3. ‘Isn’t your uni bottom of the league tables?’
4. ‘Why don’t we go to Oceana tonight?’
Says everyone. Everyday.
5. Fire alarms at two o’clock in the morning because someone can’t cook.
6. ‘You have to come back after two to collect your parcel.’
7. The 10 alarms you set yourself in the morning.
8. ‘When the Saints, come marching in’ whenever you pass a pub on match day.
9. The building work in JM.
When will it end.
10. Your flatmate who always brings back people to ‘stay the night’.
Those walls aren’t thick enough to handle that noise.
11. ‘I know someone in Southampton, he goes to Uni of.’
Do I look like I care?
12. ‘Do you have a moment to spare?’
You can’t walk a few steps down Southampton’s high street without someone trying to get your money.
13. ‘So, what course do you study?’
The ultimate ice-breaker, which you have to repeat every time you meet someone new.
14. ‘Come into Kelly’s.’
Stop trying to make Kelly’s happen!
15. ‘MyCourse will be down for maintenance.’
But why? How can you expect us to download the powerpoint presentation we weren’t paying attention to now?
16. ‘Have you found a house yet?’
The pressure to commit thousands of pounds with people you’ve only known for a few months is real.
17. ‘I’d rather be at Solent than a cunt.’
Is this rivalry still going on?