17 Things That Will Happen When You Move To Southampton For The First Time
Moving down to uni can be the most scary/exciting/amazing experience of your life. Moving to Southampton is no different, so just sit back and enjoy the ride.
1. You will struggle to find your halls and realise that Southampton is awful to drive around
2. You will be shown around your new halls by a second year who really doesn’t care
3. If you live on the top floor, you will instantly hate life
Why are there seven floors?!
4. And if you don’t, you will still hog the lifts
5. You will leave your door open to make new friends
6. It will become obvious that you packed far too much
7. But that you forgot a sheet for your bed
It’s okay, there’s an IKEA close by.
8. You will wonder why there is a sink in your room
Is someone else going to clean that?
9. You will struggle to connect to the internet
And begin to worry that you’ll never have internet again.
9. When it’s time to go shopping, it will settle in just how far away ASDA really is
Unless you’re lucky enough to live in ED.
10. Everyone will start drinking and the drinking games will begin
Ring of fire anyone?
11. Someone will suggest playing ‘never have I ever’
And soon enough, everyone will realise who the ‘adventurous’ ones in the flat are.
12. You will ring Radio Taxi
13. You will end up at Oceana on your first night despite there being over twenty other clubs to choose from
14. You will be shocked that it cost under £20 to have a night out
Unless you’re used to only paying £10 and you will begin to complain how expensive Southampton is.