18 Things You’ll Only Know If You Study Magazine Journalism At Solent
From spending a small fortune on magazines to stalking everyone in the industry, we all hope that byline is worth it.
1. Media kits become the bane of your life.
2. InDesign is either your best friend or your working nightmare.
There is no inbetween.
3. Getting a byline soon becomes the only thing that is important.
“Will my name be attached to that?”
4. You become an expert at writing cover letters.
Plz take me, I’m desperate.
5. If you don’t live near London you will have to take out a small loan to pay for work experience.
Sure, I’ll spend £300 to work for you for free, that sounds like a good idea!
6. Stalking people becomes your full time profession.
There is no shame in it.
7. You will pray for the day when you don’t have to study theory again.
8. You know that LinkedIn is very important but you have no interest in using it.
9. Buying magazines can now be justified as research.
10. People always respond with “oooooo” when you tell them what you study.
11. And they always wish they studied something cool as well.
Well, you can’t.
12. You brag that you don’t have any exams.
13. But have to explain to everyone that you don’t study media.
14. And people always say they’re the same thing.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!