16 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at Brunel University
Everyone complains about Costcutter; everyone goes anyway.
1. Somewhere on your camera roll there’s at least one picture of the Isambard Brunel Statue.
It’s most likely a group photo before Academy, but individual ones count too – especially when they’re taken at graduation.
2. Finding yourself complaining about the cost of food in Costcutter, but always going in there anyway.
It’s just too convenient.
3. Knowing that the only time you’re guaranteed to get cookies from Subway is first thing in the morning.
Going at lunchtime and seeing the long queues is a big no, so they’re worth getting up for.
4. The constant temptation to try all the cakes and confectioneries from Fresh Produce Tuesdays.
5. Going to Karaoke Tuesdays is the perfect opportunity to either showcase your hidden talents or expertly embarrass yourself.
Either way, you’re not likely to remember it.
6. That completely puzzled look you get when you see people jump into the pond after a night out.
Do you help them get out, laugh, or just take pictures? Tough decision.
7. Realising after a night out that the only real option you have for alcohol absorbing food is to go to a certain burger place.
You know the one we’re talking about. The one you vowed never to go back to again after last time…
8. Those feelings of pure anger when you are woken up by the sound of the cleaners talking in the hallway, when you’re still trying to recover from a heavy night at Liquid.
9. Seeing the Brunel Cat always makes your day a little bit better.
That little fuzz ball deserves its own ID Card.
10. And The Rabbit Cafe is the perfect place to chill on a Friday.
The free cakes and drinks are an added bonus.
11. Trying to find a desk in the library during exam time is a nightmare.
And it’s even harder to get anything done once you’re there and you run into everyone you know.
12. Knowing there’s always a possibility that Usain Bolt or another famous athlete will be training in the IAC and hoping you’ll run into them.
One can dream.
13. Being thankful for the convenience of Uni Fruit coming in on Tuesdays with all their fresh fruit and vegetables.
Your biggest chance of staying healthy at uni.
14. Themed nights at Academy for Global/Mega Global events are always something to look forward to.
Cue group shopping trip so the squad is coordinated.
15. Going to the Quad with your friends after summer exams is perfect 👌
Ice cream, cold drinks and hot weather. 100% yes.
16. And finally, you realise you’ll never regret picking Brunel.
Because even though uni is tough, you’re having the best time here ❤️