14 Things All Aston University Students Will Understand
There’s more than one university in Birmingham.
1. R.I.P Stafford Tower
Oh Stafford Tower, you will be forever missed. Maybe not so much by people who live in Lakeside or New Build…
2. Everybody knows everybody
Aston is a very small university. Chances are your daily stroll into uni will result in bumping into a friendly face, or more awkwardly that person you regrettably got with one time in Gatecrasher.
3. Main build will forever be a maze
Think you’ll ever get used to working your way around main build? Think again. Inevitably you’ll pick up a few hints about “secret lifts” but most people are still baffled by which floor to get off on the sky lifts.
4. B4 Bar is still the ultimate place for pre-drinks
5. Confusion still exists as to what the name of this building is
The Guild or Aston Union? Who knows?
6. Student nights on broad street typically begin with Vodbull’s £1.50 Jagerbombs and Vodka mixers…
7. …and end too often in Pit Stop
8. Uni rivalries are a thing
Astoners dislike any other university in Birmingham, especially Birmingham City. Nobody knows exactly why but an intense hatred is buried deep within every Aston student’s soul.
9. Pulling all nighters at the campus library
Its pretty convenient having a 24/7 library in the middle of campus. Its strangely lit interior sheltered inside its glass containment is captivating. However, don’t let its beautiful outer shell fool you, inside is every students worst nightmare.
10. Reservation of the “bed that is a study space” in the library is always met with fierce competition
Winner stays on.
11. And conveniently next to it is a cheeky Tescos packed with a supply of treats and, uh, healthy alternatives of course
Be warned, its always brimming with students. How do the locals tolerate it?
12. Skinny dipping in the Aston Lake is still on your Bucket List
13. Nick Holzherr is our biggest claim to fame
You’ll always be our winner, Nick.
14. And finally, our sports societies can get pretty rowdy
Hosted in none other than B4 bar.
Show some Aston love!