17 Struggles People Who Are Bad With Money Will Understand
Money grows on trees, right?
1. Seeing something you want on payday and not even thinking about the consequences.
2. “Fuck it” is an excuse you use far too often.
3. You think buying lots of things in the sale is being fiscally responsible.
“Well it says it used to be this price so I’m actually saving quite a lot.”
4. You judge how much you’re spending by how many drinks you could buy for that amount.
“Well that’s only 2 vodka mixers!”
5. Realising how many hours you’ll need to work to pay for your habits has the following reaction…
6. You always insist on buying a round at the bar even though you can’t afford it.
7. You both hate and envy people with a better grasp on their finances.
8. You have a Love/hate relationship with standing orders. They’re convenient and keep the things you love but destroy your bank account.
9. You lose it in supermarkets and buy all the things on offer – even if you don’t really need them.
10. Online shopping is your greatest downfall.
11. Budgeting is an alien concept you can’t get your head around.
“What’s the point in having money if you don’t spend it?”
12. You manage to rationalise even the most irrational purchases.
13. You always buy lunch instead of preparing your own.
And then you wonder where all your money is going.
14. You spend two thirds of your wages in the first week. Every month.
15. Birthdays always take you by surprise and leave you suffering for your earlier shopping sprees.
16. Having to maintain a healthy and steady relationship with your parents so you can fall back on them.
Which you do all too often.
17. It takes a lot of courage to check your bank account.
The struggle is real.