19 Stages of Your Uni Summer Holiday, As Told By Barack Obama
He may be President of the USA, but he also understands how you feel in the uni summer holidays.
1. You finally finish exams for the year.
2. And feel happy to be home and free of any looming deadlines.
3. Plus, the prospect of living off something other than soup, pasta or takeout is a great one.
4. But you’re not used to living at home any more.
5. You find yourself subconsciously missing university.
6. And your uni friends.
7. You try to make plans with them, but they always fall through.
8. So you Snapchat them every second of every day.
9. Which is fun until it reminds you that you’ve got ages until you see them again.
10. You quickly become really, really bored at home.
11. And feel embarrassed to go clubbing in your town because it’s nowhere near as fun as it is back at uni.
12. Your parents won’t get off your back about work, money and the future.
13. And you’ll probably be accused of being lazy at one point or another.
14. Or asked where the “old you” has gone.
15. It’s not long before you’re counting down the days until you’ll be back at uni.
16. But then you realise how much reading you were supposed to have done over summer…
17. And suddenly it’s September and you have no excuse for why you’re so unprepared.
18. Before you know it, you’re on your way back to uni.
19. And secretly already counting down to next year’s summer.