25 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied At The University of Manchester
If you studied at the University of Manchester, there are some things only you will understand.
1. You’re sick of people always commenting on the weather.
2. Because you know that a true Manchester student embraces the rain.
You just have to see the funny side, OK?
3. You’ve never been able to walk down Oxford Road without a promoter shoving a leaflet in your face.
4. Or walk past the Manchester Museum without being taken off guard by that giant crab in the window.
5. The Owens Park Tower Challange nearly destroyed you.
6. The rivalry between the University of Manchester and MMU is unreal.
7. And you’ll never understand why they thought it would be a good idea to put two universities literally right next to each other.
8. You feel like you spent half your degree walking around Ali G looking for a seat.
9. And that your bus pass is possibly the most precious thing you have ever owned.
10. Paz is the king of kebabs and banter.
He is simply kebabulous, and he always wishes you a happy birthday on Facebook. What a true friend.
11. The Student Lock-In is more hassle than it’s worth.
You might leave with some good bargains, but it comes hand-in-hand with a headache and sore throat from shouting over the music.
12. Everyone refers to the Whitworth Park Halls as the Toblerones.
13. And assumes anyone who lives in Richmond Park is posh.
14. You can’t decide whether the hot Vimto sold on campus is actually tasty or not.
15. But you do know that the Veggie Café is the actual best.
16. There are potentially more squirrels than students on campus.
17. And you may never actually get through all the Domino’s coupons you receive on a regular basis.
18. You’re jealous of all your friends at other unis who get more than 3 weeks off at Easter.
19. And you whole-heartedly hate having January exams.
20. But being able to attend Pangaea when they’re over makes you feel slightly better.
21. Not to mention Park Life in the summer.
It might even stop raining for it!
22. You’ve walked around the Old Quad pretending it’s Oxford or Cambridge at least once.
It’s OK. We’ve all done it.
23. And felt sad that you only ever go to Whitworth Hall once or twice during your entire time at uni.
24. You look forward to showing Manchester off to all your family and friends when they visit.
25. And for all its faults, you never, ever want to leave.
We ❤️ MCR.