17 Reasons Why Christmas Is The Best Time To Be a Student In Reading
Being a student in Reading is always great. But there’s something extra special about being a student there at this time of year.
If when it snows, campus turns into a stunning winter wonderland.
2. Which naturally makes everywhere look 10x more beautiful.
3. The riverside by the Oracle lights up for Christmas.
4. In fact, the whole town lights up.
5. And the firework display for The Oracle’s Christmas light switch on is just spectacular.
6. The Après Bar at Station Hill will give you enough festive feels to last you ’til next year.
7. And their hot chocolate is the best in town.
8. Talking of hot beverages, Cafe Mondial has all the gingerbread lattes you could ever want.
9. The university’s Christmas tree light switch on is a magical event.
10. Mainly because it’s accompanied by a Christmas fun fair.
11. And if the carol service doesn’t put you in a festive mood, nothing will.
If you haven’t been before, do it.
12. Every night out in the last few weeks of term is crazy.
Because they always involve some form of festive fancy dress.
13. But the best night out is the last Wednesday Union of term.
Snakebites + Christmas = Tipsy Elves
14. All of the university staff get into the Christmas spirit.
15. Including the campus security officers.