16 Signs You`re a Graduate Who`s Still In Denial About No Longer Being a Student
After years of being in education, graduating is a surreal experience, and getting your head around the fact that you’re no longer a student can be a difficult task. If you recognise the following signs, there’s a good chance you’re still in denial about the whole thing.
1. You still think that you can live like a student.
Even if you’ve had to move back home.
2. And act like one, too.
Where’s the harm?
3. You secretly expect there to be another student loan instalment in your bank account every time you check it.
Any day now, surely?
4. And you frequently forget that you are no longer eligible for student discount.
“It’s expired??!! Wtf. I had no idea…”
5. You’re constantly wondering when the next half term starts.
It’s been a while, guys.
6. And you’re still reeling from the shock of how expensive bills and taxes are.
7. You felt like there must’ve been a mistake when the Student Loans Company contacted you about paying them back.
8. And you’re still convinced that the best way to approach a task you don’t want to do is to pretend it’s not happening for as long as possible.
9. You’ve managed to talk yourself out of applying for a job because you just don’t know if you’re ready for the responsibility involved.
That’s a lot of early starts…
10. And whenever you receive a job rejection, there’s a really, really small part of you that’s secretly relieved.
“I needed more time to just do my own things for a while anyway…”