16 Things That Happen When You Go On A Wednesday Sports Social In York
If you’re in a sports club or on a team, Salvation on a Wednesday is pretty much obligatory. Whether you love it or love to hate it, here are some things we all know to be true about sports social antics.
1. You spend the entirety of Wednesday training and matches discussing your fancy dress for the evening in great detail.
2. Mental and physical preparations have to begin 4 hours earlier than they do on any other night.
And yet you’re still never truly ready for the night’s antics.
3. Pre-drinks must start as early as possible…
4. …In pursuit of the end goal: getting insanely shit-faced.
5. So that Salvo is easier to stomach when you finally arrive.
6. And let’s face it, most of us are better at being drunk than the sport we are there for.
7. When you get there you go straight to the bar.
To join the mosh pit of people already waiting for drinks.
8. And half an hour later you finally have your first drink in your hand.
Nine times out of ten it’s a VK…
9. Then it’s straight upstairs to where they play all the legendary anthems…
10. And where the dance floor reaches temperatures comparable to the surface of the sun.
11. So you head to the smoking area…
Which is ironically always full of sportsmen and women.
12. You have to constantly remind Drunk You to avoid inter-club-incest. You will NEVER live it down.
13. And to never forget ‘club hierarchy’. UYRFC are royalty, okay?
14. Salt & Pepper is often the highlight of the evening.
Even though you’d never go there sober.