22 Signs You Were a Bit of a Chav In The `00s
Before smartphones and Netflix came around there were so many other ways for us to spend our time. Checking out new football boots in SportsDirect, breaking your computer by using LimeWire and changing your MSN name every day.
The early noughties brought a whole subculture. Chances are if you recognise anything here, then you were in it.
1. You did this with your socks
And you were probably rocking some Adidas poppers and all.
2. Trainers were a big deal
3. As was your hairstyle. So you obviously stuck your fringe down onto your forehead
4. And used something that looked like this to do it
5. If your barber was up to it, you might have ended up with one of these
6. And then embarrassingly covered it up in school with this
7. Gold jewellery
Sovereign ring, check. Gold chain, check. Diamond stud, check.
8. You had to smell the business too
9. If you just had a birthday or it was after Christmas, you definitely used these
10. So many stripes
11. Why would you wear a two strap bag when you could wear one of these?
And your mates definitely ripped the velcro every day.
12. So sometimes you just wore this bad boy
13. You spoke an entirely different language
Yeh seen bruv’, safe, gotta merk dat wasteman. Solid.
14. If you had to wear a tie to school it probably ended up like this
15. School shoes were a tough choice
16. You met your mates on the street to just ‘hang about’
17. You probably had one of these to play with
Wallie, Heads and Volleys, Keepy Uppys, One Bounce.
18. And you would make the loser do this
19. You listened to music with just one headphone in on your 64mb mp3 player
Eminem, Oxide & Neutrino, Blazin’ Squad, So Solid Crew, Lethal Bizzle, Devlin, More Fire Crew.
20. Never smiled in photos
You scowled and sometimes threw up a gang sign or the middle finger.
21. You spent a lot of your time with your hand like this
Without ever knowing why.
22. And finally, you probably made an underground mixtape with your mates
21 seconds to rock the mic.