25 Things All Warwick University Students Will Understand
When you live inside the Warwick Bubble, there are some things only you can know to be true.
1. You’re sick of explaining that Warwick University isn’t actually in Warwick.
2. Which is why the rivalry between you and Coventry Uni is real.
3. And is also why you love destroying them at Varsity.
4. It’s perfectly acceptable to walk around campus in society hoodies and sports kits.
5. And to admit that you’ve had some of the best nights of your life at Kasbah.
6. Everyone is obsessed with Pop and Disco Dave.
He’s basically the most important person to you on a Wednesday night.
7. And you’ve probably done something you regret after drinking too much Purple in the Copper Rooms.
8. Fancy dress at Circle is a rite of passage.
9. As is regularly feeling victimised by the geese on campus.
10. The only thing more notorious on campus than the geese are the Warwick Rowers.
Try to stay cool when you spot them in the library.
11. Rootes’ kitchens are the indisputable best for pre drinks.
And you’ve had at least one compulsory staircase photo.
12. The walk to and from campus is a nightmare if you live in Westwood.
13. But once you leave you’d give anything to not have to face the U1 every single day.
14. Living in Leamington is like living in a really weird village where you know everyone on the street purely because you recognise them from Pop.
15. You secretly love Kelsey’s and Eliminator, even though you know you probably shouldn’t.
16. And you’re secretly unashamed that the staff in Vialli’s know your name and your order now.
17. You can’t lie that some of the campus architecture choices upset you. A Lot.
18. As well as the fact that the Learning Grid is always full.
19. And that you still don’t have a 24/7 library like normal top 10 unis.
20. You are constantly confused and sometimes terrified by the art that pops up around campus.
21. And you believe the rumours that the Koan is powered by tiny gnomes.
22. You love treating yourself to a Curiositea visit every once in a while.
23. And regret not taking more advantage of visiting Warwick Castle.
24. But the campus itself is beautiful enough. In parts.
Who needs a castle, anyway?
25. Most of all, you know that you’ll miss Warwick like crazy once you’ve graduated.
Oh, Warwick. 😍