12 Things You Probably Shouldn’t Do While on The Hunt for a Graduate Job
You’ve finally completed your degree and are rightfully feeling a little bit proud of yourself. At least you were until the job rejections started coming through. The assumption that your degree would help you navigate adult life is long gone, and with a lot of free time on your hands you’re not quite sure what to do.
But here’s what you shouldn’t.
1. Watch all series of Pretty Little Liars on Netflix.
Each season is 25 episodes. Each episode is roughly 45 minutes. That’s approximately 4 days, 5 hours and 15 minutes OUT OF YOUR BUSY, BUSY LIFE.
2. Clean out your closet and start selling your things on eBay.
You will have nothing left.
3. And definitely don’t decide to give it all up to start a business selling other people’s stuff online.
4. Forget that being an adult can be fun too.
You’re beginning to feel down about no longer being a student, but the perks of adulthood will come round eventually.
5. Make a hasty decision for a new look.
Be it dreadlocks, creepers, pink hair, 90s attire or a fresh new piercing.
6. Adopt a cat. It’s a slippery slope between graduate cat owner and graduate cat hoarder.
7. Panic when people bombard you with ‘aren’t you worried?’ and ‘you should take what you can get’.
8. Try to count the online petition you started to keep Zayn in One Direction as charity work.
9. Run away.
Although you’d LOVE to escape to somewhere sunny to avoid paying back your student loan and enjoy a life where people aren’t constantly asking “so, what have you been up to?” with a judgemental head tilt, maybe think it through more.
10. Tell anyone what level of Candy Crush you’ve reached.
11. Forget to cut yourself some slack and indulge every now and then.
For what is life if you don’t…
12. But most importantly, just don’t forget to love life.
You can get out of bed after 9. You can volunteer, write a short story or do pretty much anything.