32 Instagrams That Prove The University of Manchester Is The Best Place To Be a Student
Manchester has the largest student population in Europe. You only need to look on Instagram to see why.
1. The University of Manchester is a great place to be a student.
So much so it attracts 40,000 students every year, following in the footsteps of renowned alumni Professor Brian Cox, Benedict Cumberbatch and many others.
2. The campus is extensive and certainly one to be proud of, made up of over 245 buildings.
You better grab yourself a map!
3. Some of which are genuinely stunning.
4. The award-winning Whitworth Hall will make you feel like you’ve stepped into a scene from Harry Potter.
5. You’ll enjoy getting lost in the enchanted world that is the John Rylands Library, with over 4 million books to choose from.
6. Alan Turing, the father of computer science was a Reader in Mathematics at UoM in 1948.
7. Students at the university are well catered for. The SU is the biggest in the UK.
8. Home to 4 live music venues.
9. And at the end of every term the SU hosts Pangaea Festival.
Which is basically the biggest and best fancy dress event you could ask for.
10. With over 89 teams across 36 sports, there’s an activity on campus for everyone.
11. And plenty of opportunity to go off campus too.
The SKUM society certainly know how to make eventful memories on the slopes.
12. If you like giving back, there are so many volunteering projects to get involved with.
13. Vimto was born here.
14. The Alan Gilbert study centre is open 24/7.
15. So you can make yourself at home any time of the day.
16. And if you’re getting brain drain, there are sleeping pods to help you recover.
17. The Whitworth Art Gallery is just a stone’s throw away from the SU.
18. There could be worse places to take your exams.
19. And when they’re all done you can celebrate at Parklife Festival.
Held in Manchester every June.
20. Yes it rains a lot in Manchester, but when the sun comes out there are deckchairs at the ready.
21. Fallowfield is the epitome of ‘student-ville’.
22. Where it’s always beer o’clock…
23. And home of the infamous Tower Challenge.
24. There are always random surprises popping up on campus.
25. Some of which are more photo-worthy than others.
26. If you can’t afford the luxury of a taxi, the Magic bus runs all night long.
27. There a plenty of parks to choose from in Manchester if you’re after a more scenic walk into uni.
28. It’s safe to say the nightlife in Manchester will not disappoint.
29. And you’ll be spoilt for choice when looking for some hangover food.
Manchester really is a foodie’s paradise.
30. The Curry Mile is a thing.
A pretty self explanatory mile-long stretch through Rusholme of the best Indian cuisine you could possibly desire.