17 Things You Never Knew Were So Difficult Until You Became a University Student
It’s only when you go to university that you realise how hard some things are. And just how incapable you are of doing them.
1. Making edible food that doesn’t come in a tin.
2. And getting to grips with basic aspects of cooking.
We’ve all had that moment when we couldn’t quite figure out how to use a can opener.
3. Successfully making it to your 9ams.
Especially in winter. It’s just not right.
4. Going out for “just one” drink.
Has anyone ever managed this?
5. And constantly having to come up with new fancy dress outfit ideas for big nights out.
Not to mention funding them.
6. Being in a lecture hungover.
7. And dealing with post uni night out hangovers in general.
Those £1 jagerbombs seemed so great until they ruined your life the next day.
8. Keeping in contact with your home friends.
The group chat is rarely productive and is impossible to keep up with.
9. Especially when you go back for the holidays and realise how much things can change in a term.
10. Keeping your student loan in your bank account.
And not just spending it all on drinking and takeaways.
11. Reading and actually understanding what you just read.
12. Looking at a blank Word document and trying to start writing your essay.
You’ve chosen a question. You’ve written the title. Now how do you make an essay happen?