15 Things Every York Student Who Did No Work Over Christmas Knows All Too Well
For most of us Week 1 means essay deadlines and exams. If you’re reading this, that probably comes with a lot of hating on past you for not doing any work over the holidays. And still not being any good at doing work now…
1. This was you over Christmas.
And most of last term too.
2. So now you’re doomed 😊
Your more prepared friends People you now hate ask if you’re up for Dusk or Evil Eye and you have to say no.
4. Because this is your life now.
5. You run into someone from your course at JB Morrell and they ask how you’re doing.
Why do they look ok? They were SMILING? 😡
6. And just to make things harder: you now have to use your student card at all times of the day to enter the library?!
As if you have ANY time to waste on that at this point…
7. Suddenly you become extremely active on all social media. Because you’re still somewhat procrastinating.
“Yeah this essay is important but my followers really must know what I’m up to.”
8. And you’ve now clicked attending on literally every post-exams club night event in York.
And you intend to go to every single one too. Bring it.
9. You know the exact amount of hours until the deadline and everyone around you is like this:
10. But for you, even the silent zone of the library is distracting when you need to work.
You look up every time someone so much as coughs.
11. And you’ve considered whether you could somehow get mitigating circumstances for that cough you had that one time.
Anything is worth a try at this point?
12. Though you probably are getting ill – your body is composed entirely of panic and library cafe coffee right now…
13. Nothing you write makes sense anymore, but you don’t even care because you just need it to be over.
Fuck it all.
14. And there’s always hope that you’ll pull it out of the bag at the last minute.
And then you’ll never procrastinate again, right?
Will your plucky hero succeed in trying to memorize 20+ journals in just two days? Find out next time on Josh-tried-to-get-a-degree!!!
— Josh Salisbury (@josh_salisbury) January 6, 2016
15. So that you can finally get back to all the truly important things that these deadlines are distracting you from.
Is it over yet? *Cries*