16 Times Home Alone Perfectly Summed Up This Term At York
After a long summer at home, the first term of any year at UOY is big. You’re finally back to Revs, Efe’s, your student loan aaaand… actual work. Luckily we’ve got Home Alone GIFs at the ready this Christmas to sum up all your first term feels.
1. You’re loving life to start with: the freedom, Freshers’ and no work to do.
2. But by Week 1, you’re jealous of all your friends who went to unis with Freshers’ Fortnights.
3. Then you inevitably realise Netflix + Efe’s > Kuda.
4. And your student loan is the best thing ever. #Ballin.
Efe’s again? Yeah. Cocktail for £8? For sure. Taxis everywhere? Why the fuck not.
5. Then the reality of all the work you have to do after the first couple of weeks hits you.
6. So you make an effort. You even go to your ‘mandatory’ supervisor meeting…
7. By Week 4 you’re pretty much fed up with everyone you live with.
And cherish every time you’re left Home Alone. Yeah, we went there 😉
8. Apart from that one housemate that you’re now extremely attached to.
Personal space is no longer a thing.
9. And you’ve made that one friend who can’t be trusted around the £1 Jägerbombs at Parish.
You know, the one you always have to put to bed before 1am.
10. Then your parents come to visit and ask your housemate about the boy/girl you’re with in that Revs photo…
11. At some point you make the mistake of going on Evision and checking your marks so far…
12. So by Week 9 you’re constantly like:
13. Then you go home for Christmas and your family comment on how much you drink now.
A lot has changed since the summer. It’s a student thing…
14. And you remember how much work you’ve left yourself to do over the ‘vacation’.
New Year’s Resolution: never do this to yourself again.
15. But as much as you vow to be better, you can almost hear Stone Roses calling your name already.
16. And you just can’t wait to plan your big reunion night out with your uni squad.
Bring on 2016 🎉