17 Things Every University Of York Student Has Said When Drunk
We’ve all been there. A quiet drink turns into a night of clubbing and completely writing off the next day. Here are some things you’ll definitely hear York students saying on a night out.
1. “We definitely can’t go out, let’s just have a couple of drinks at Courtyard while we’re on campus.”
Famous last words.
2. “There’s probably no point taking a coat to town.”
Because apparently you’re now so drunk you’ve forgotten you’re in York. In February.
3. “Did they follow me from campus? How did they find me here?!” 😩😩
“Guess that’s my night over…”
4. “My stomach can definitely handle two Milkybar Kids right before we go clubbing.”
It’s 2 for 1, how can I not?
5. “Why is getting into Kuda Tuesdays always like wading through a mosh pit?”
At least you don’t need your coat now 😓
6. “And why are the steps so long and so busy? Is this some sort of sobriety test?!”
One day, someone at the top of the steps is going to fall and take everyone else in the queue down with them.
7. “Is it really worth joining a second queue outside Revs to get a photo?”
8. “YES. Come on guys, just like we practised…”
9. “I should get with this guy/girl from my course.”
“We should take a picture together!”
10. “Probably not going to be able to show my face in my seminar tomorrow morning…”
Because if it wasn’t for the pen on your face, you were TOTALLY going to make it.
11. “I can definitely justify a pre Phats Yummy Chicken AND a post Phats Yummy Chicken…”
Best night out plan ever. They’re that close together for a reason.
12. “Why on earth did I come out on a Saturday?”
Everything is expensive and everyone is fight-y…
First years will never understand how lost the rest of us feel at 3am.
14. “To be honest, I only came out for the inevitable end of the night Efe’s.”
“This is literally the best thing I have ever consumed in my entire life.”
15. “I know they said I can’t eat this in the taxi… So I’ll just chew really subtly…”
Because drunk you definitely can’t wait five more minutes for food.
16. “Oh my god we should roll down Clifford’s Tower and take selfies!”
A York Uni drunken rite of passage.
17. “Nobody let me check Facebook when I’m hungover tomorrow.”
“I think I’ve possibly ruined my life.”