18 Lessons You Could Only Ever Learn At The University of York
Going to the University of York teaches you a lot more than just what’s on your degree course. You also learn these important things…
1. A lot of info you didn’t want to know about waterfowl.
Geese in mating season… That is all.
2. How far you can push the term “studious buzz zone”.
3. And that “no smoking” doesn’t actually mean no smoking.
Soz lib police.
4. How to defend your space in the library.
Especially if it’s a blue chair. Don’t ever give that up.
5. To never leave your keycard in your room.
Or risk a half-naked, shoeless walk of shame to the porters.
6. Roses are White.
Whether we win or lose.
7. You learn to avoid town on race days.
8. And Nisa before or after lectures.
9. Several 2 for 1 Milkybar Kids before clubbing probably aren’t a good idea.
10. But going all-out for your Revs photo is.
11. You know there’s nothing to do on a Monday*
* You know how to blend in on a YSJ night out.
12. You’ve learnt how to deal with loss.
RIP Willow, RIP Duchess. Jk never getting over it.
13. And disappointment.
When you realise YSJ graduate in the Minster and we get… Central Hall.
14. You know Wednesdays are for fancy dress.
And really messy sports socials.
15. And how to walk in heels on cobbled streets*
* Or just not to wear heels on cobbled streets.
16. How to scramble with your group to find somewhere to go to after 3am.
17. You learn just how much love you can have for a takeaway.
18. And, most importantly, how many people you can really fit on the back seat of a bus.
A lot. Just really uncomfortably.