19 Things You Learn To Love About Being A Student At The University Of York
Turns out York isn’t at all hard to love. Here are some things that make studying at UOY wonderful.
1. Competing with Lancaster in Roses every year…
Especially when we win.
2. And all the York Uni pride that comes with it.
3. These happily arranged benches on Hes East.
4. Having a handful of clubs to choose from when you go out.
So you always get the excitement of running into people you know.
5. But for pre-drinks you’re spoilt for choice 💁
A pub for every day of the year? Challenge accepted.
6. And, of course, getting to hang out with Johnny Depp at Evil Eye.
Didn’t someone say it’s like his favourite place? This is a plausible thing that happens to people right? Please 🙏🙏🙏
7. These steps in Dusk.
8. The campus architecture.
Hes Hall 😍😍😍
9. You’ll probably even miss the weirder buildings.
Central Hall’s spaceship-y (yes, that’s a word) charm will totally win you over by the time you graduate there.
10. And you’ve formed a life-long emotional bond with this place:
11. Being able to use the library 24/7.
It sucks ACTUALLY being there at 4am but thank god it’s an option.
12. And drawing all over the walls in the Harry Fairhurst.
13. Having a choice of TWO campus gyms to join.
And then probably never use…
14. Free buses across campus.
Just because everything’s close together, doesn’t mean you can’t get the bus from Derwent to the library
once in a while all the time.
15. And free food events at your college every week.
16. ❤️ STYCs ❤️
Especially when you end up making real friends with them after Freshers’ Week.
17. There is a society for everything you could possibly be interested in.
Taylor Swift Society? Yep. Cat Society? Yep. HP Muggle Society? Yep. Seriously.
18. And York’s Yak herd is full of people who understand you…
This speaks to us on an emotional level.