19 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re In A Long Distance Best Friendship
1. People who think long distance relationships are hard have no idea.
Being away from your best friend is WORSE.
2. Conversations have stopped beginning with traditional greetings and usually just open with “MISS YOU”.
3. There’s no such thing as a quick phone call because you always have so much to catch up on.
4. And you’ve found innovative ways to hang out.
Like watching the same movie at exactly the same time or just taking them everywhere with you on the phone.
5. You know every detail of each other’s lives even if you aren’t there for it.
6. But if you didn’t speak for a while, you could pick up the conversation at any point.
You could be apart and not talk for a year and everything would still be the same. Not that you’d ever want that.
7. You live for Skype and Facetime.
8. But hate it when the connection cuts out on you.
9. You each have a lot of ugly Snapchat screenshots of the other.
10. And you’re the only one who can truly decode their drunk messages.
11. Saying goodbye is the worst, even if it’s not for long.
You’re always counting down to when you next get to be together.
12. But being reunited is the best thing ever.
13. And everyone knows about it when you are back together.
Being with you two on a night out is unbearable.
14. You get a bit jealous when you see pictures of them with their other friends.
*Screenshots and DMs* “WHO is this??”
15. And your other friends are probably tired of hearing about them all the time.
16. Sometimes you momentarily forget you’re not in the same place any more.
17. And whenever something big happens you immediately want to know what they have to say about it.
They can’t wait to hear your gossip.