20 Signs You’re Officially No Longer a Student
Things change quickly when you leave uni. You might not even realise it, but if you can tick off many of the points on this list you’re on your way to being a real adult. Yay you 👴👵
1. You’ve used the phrase “I need to get an early night.”
And then you actually followed through and were in bed at a reasonable time.
2. Your body clock is actually somewhat functional.
If you wake up and go to sleep again on the same day, you’re getting old.
3. You can’t remember the last time you were up at 4am in a YouTube hole.
4. And you’ve swapped binge watching for taking months to finish a series.
As if you have time to waste on endless TV.
5. You’ve gone out for “just a drink or two” and actually had just a drink or two.
6. When you do end up hungover, it is absolutely awful.
Because you’re not used to it any more.
7. You’ve complained about the music in a bar being too loud.
8. Because you now regularly go out for just a civilised drink and a chat about work.
9. You have hobbies and interests that are very different from playing Ring of Fire with your society friends.
10. You’re trying to live healthily.
11. And are attempting to budget.
12. You’re even trying to learn to cook something other than pasta or toast.
13. You’ve considered investing in nice plates and cutlery.
And once you do, you find yourself getting angry when one of the nice forks goes missing.
14. You care about home decor more than you’re willing to admit.
If you’ve bought, or have even entertained the idea of buying a decorative throw – you’re done for.
15. And keeping the house nice.
16. You’ve had a serious conversation about the best settings to wash and dry your clothes on.
Because you’ve stopped just picking them up off of the floor and re-wearing them. Sometimes you even iron. It’s weird.
17. You get really excited about weekends.
Because they’re a lot more valuable when you’re busy for more than the 6 contact hours a week you had at uni.
18. You pay taxes and have started to worry about your student loan repayments.
19. Your parents aren’t saving your bedroom at home for you any more.
20. And you have to make your own doctor’s appointments.
Adulthood = speaking to people you don’t want to speak to on the phone and pretending it’s chill.
Because you’re officially an adult now. Congratulations.
Isn’t it just wonderful??? 😭😭😭