20 Times The End of Term Nearly Ruined You
The end of term at uni is always ridiculously stressful. With loads of deadlines and no student loan left, you’re pretty much guaranteed at least one library meltdown.
1. When you thought you had ages left until the break.
It always comes around faster than you think.
2. And when it felt like, from then on, time was moving twice as fast as usual.
3. When you have to start frantically messaging people to ask if they’ve started their work yet.
“Have you started studying yet?” https://t.co/akBQo5dfCM
— stressed (@sayingsforgirls) December 5, 2015
4. When you thought your essay needed to be 1000 words shorter than it actually did.
5. And when you’re still expected to do assignments that don’t even count towards your degree.
Alongside the ones that do. It’s like they don’t want even want you to do well.
6. When your laptop almost died before you could plug the charger in and you nearly lost all your work.
7. When you were pleased with your essay and then realised you didn’t reference it as you went along.
Omg referencing makes me wanna quit uni I fucking hate it it is too time consuming and boring and makes me wanna smash my laptop
— Shaunna (@ShaunnaEvenden) March 23, 2016
8. So you update your Snapchat story to let everyone know just how much you’re hating life.
9. When you want to go out all the time to maximise the last big nights out of term but risk failing if you leave the library.
10. And the library is constantly packed so you can never find a seat.
Everyone has deadlines at the same time? How convenient.
11. When you go to see your tutor in office hours and everyone else has had the same idea.
12. And when you do get to speak to your tutor, they say they’re “confused” by your essay idea.
Days before the deadline.
13. When your lecturers email round thanking everyone for a great term and you wish you’d actually shown up more.
— harriet rose (@stfuharrietrose) December 21, 2015
14. And your friends from home who finished earlier than you are posting in the WhatsApp group asking how you are.
15. When you’ve got about 60p of your student loan left to last you the final weeks.
16. When your house is disgusting and the kitchen cupboards are empty because everyone is too busy to do anything about it.
The stress of third year uni is taking its toll pic.twitter.com/GQsoQCTCJM
— Liam Aitken (@Liam_Aitken) 1 December 2015
17. When you realise very soon you’re going to have to go home and face questions about your life.
But you’ve got no choice, because you drank all of your loan.
18. And you wish you’d remembered to set up work experience for the break.
Panic attack about post-graduation career search. Volume 932 pic.twitter.com/pJEIZleBnU
— lauren vaper (@lbakedd) 25 February 2016
19. When you’re forced to face up to spending an entire month away from your uni friends.
20. And when you finally realise this all means you’re one step closer to the end of uni.
Another third of the year gone. Shit.