21 Signs Final Year of Uni Has Already Broken You
It’s not even second term, and you’re already losing your shit.
1. Seeing excited freshers going out all the time makes you feel a combination of rage and jealousy.
“Omg campus is so pretty I love uni”, “third night out in a row I am so wild wooo”.
2. And if they even dare to enter the library you may snap.
First 👏 year 👏 doesn’t 👏 count 👏 get 👏 out 👏 or 👏 else 👏
3. You’ve started to really notice, and dwell on, all the uni things you’re doing for the last time.
This is your last ever Christmas as a student.
4. It often occurs to you that maybe you’ve been doing the wrong course all along and now it’s too late.
5. Which makes it a lot harder to know that in less than a year you will no longer be a student – you’ll just be an unemployed person with lots of student debt.
And probs a drinking problem.
6. You can’t imagine a time when you won’t be worrying about your dissertation.
7. But the hand-in isn’t far off, which means you need to write thousands more words than you have ever written pretty soon.
8. The pressure of all your assignments counting for more than they ever have before is really getting to you.
9. And so having a full-blown library breakdown is no longer a bad day, it’s just a day.
It’s every day.
10. “What are you going to do next?” has stopped being a question you can just avoid and your lack of answers is beyond stressful.
11. And you don’t want to do a Master’s, but you’re considering it just so you don’t have to deal with ~the real world~.
12. Making it through a careers fair or a conversation with the uni careers service without wanting to cry is, frankly, not a thing.
13. You’ve tried to apply for a grad scheme and, in the process, realised just how hard getting a job and functioning after uni is going to be.
And somehow you still don’t really get what a grad scheme is.
14. The level of tired you have reached actually surprises you.
15. And it is your most frequent topic of conversation.
16. You think increasingly about just running away, or fantasising about going back to school.
Good times, good times
17. You’re constantly torn between making the most of the time you have left at uni with your friends, and living in the library so that you can get a good grade.
18. Every time you have to say no to a night out to do work you break a little bit more inside.
19. And when you do get drunk, it literally always ends in you crying with your housemate about your undying love for each other.
“Promise me we will stay in touch after graduation PROMISE ME 😭😭😭”