21 Signs You Really Aren’t Prepared To Go Back To Uni
Your two months of achieving absolutely nothing is almost over. Time to panic.
1. When the summer started it seemed endless.
Like you had this infinite amount of time stretching out in front of you to do whatever you wanted with.
2. And then you suddenly woke up one day and realised it was almost September.
HOW did this happen?
3. You haven’t achieved any of the things you said you would.
And now people are starting to ask about them.
4. Aside from exhausting every show Netflix has to offer.
5. You spent the whole summer saying you’d do things and now time has run out to do them.
6. You didn’t even meet up with half the people you said you would.
7. And you aren’t ready to say goodbye to your home friends.
8. You still need to get work experience, or an internship, or start a LinkedIn profile, or do something productive so you aren’t unemployed forever.
But there’s no time for that now.
9. You haven’t even read the reading list itself, let alone the books that are on it.
10. And you’re already starting to think of excuses for when you have to confront your seminar tutors.
11. You’re more broke than you were when the summer started.
And why get a part-time job when you can just do nothing?
12. But you don’t have any good answers for when people ask what you did ALL summer.
TWO MONTHS of nothing.
13. You’ve forgotten how to do 9ams.
And aren’t excited to be reminded what they’re like.
14. And you just know a two-hour seminar will feel longer than the whole summer did.
15. You’re realising that this uni year will be even harder than the last.
16. And that the second you get back to uni you’re one step closer to graduating.
17. You’ve realised your mum was right when she said you should do your work as you went along rather than leaving it until the last weeks of summer.
But obviously you didn’t because you specialise in making life harder for yourself.
18. And now you’re going to start the year behind everyone else.
19. Especially compared to *those people* who did all the summer work months ago.
And can’t wait to answer questions about it.