21 Things You Actually Learn About Yourself In Your First Week of Uni
It’s been an enlightening week, and you haven’t even properly started lectures yet.
1. How much, or how little, alcohol you can handle without being sick.
2. And all the angles you really don’t look great from in night out photos.
You’ve been tagged in a lot of them, and most of them make you wonder how you let yourself go out like that.
3. How much hatred you can have for another uni that you know nothing about and nobody from.
4. And that you apparently now make best friends with people based purely on which halls their t-shirt says they’re in.
5. Just how long your Snapchat story can get.
Because you need your home friends to hear every single song you have danced to in the week…
6. And that you shouldn’t be allowed nice things.
7. How much you hate fire drills.
8. That Freshers’ Flu is real. And you cannot deal with it.
Especially during morning fire drills.
9. And it’s going to take you another year just to recover from this week.
You love going out, but maybe not enough to do it every single night in a row for much longer. Gotta work up to Freshers’ 2017.
10. You are more easily swayed by a free pen than you realised.
Do you even remember how many things you signed up to at Freshers’ Fair?
11. You never want to be asked about the course you do and the halls you live in ever again.
Leave me alone.
12. Though you do need to work on your own chat.
You need it to not be awkward any more when you end up in the kitchen with just one of your flatmates.
13. And your ability to cook.
You’re already bored of the two “meals” you know how to make. One of them is beans on toast.
14. You’ve learnt just how much you can eat after a night out.
15. And just how unprepared you were to feed yourself all day, three meals a day, all the time.
It just seems like a lot of commitment.
16. You can’t be trusted to wake yourself up in the morning.
17. How willing you are to lower all your standards just to avoid doing laundry.
Miss you, mum.
18. How many strangers you can add on Facebook when you’re drunk.
19. And how quickly you can spend money.
Without really understanding what you spent it all on.
20. You’ve learnt that surviving the next three years might be harder than you expected.
Not 100% sure how this is gonna go.