25 Thoughts Every Student Has When Writing an Essay at Uni
Unless you’re super prepared, it’s a nightmare every time.
1. I can do this.
2. I don’t even understand the title. I literally do not know some of the words in this title.
3. Did we study this? I don’t remember this coming up in lectures?
4. I really wish I’d concentrated more in lectures.
5. HOW many words??
6. Did we not literally just write an essay? And now there’s another? Are they joking?
7. I’m not dealing with this right now.
8. I do my best work under pressure anyway.
9. No one really plans, it’s fine. It’ll come to me as I go along.
10. I wonder what’s happening on Facebook. I wonder how my mum’s doing, I should really call her.
11. I’ve done an hour on this today, that’s enough. It’s important to have a good work-life balance.
12. As long as I make the introduction strong, that’ll make up for the rest of it. Probably.
I’ll just wow them with the introduction and hope they skim-read all the other words.
13. What am I even arguing here?
14. Maybe everyone else has done terribly and they’ll lower the marking criteria.
15. Really, the uni wants me to do well just as much as I do. They won’t let us all fail.
16. How is this not over yet? Why don’t I have enough words? Will this ever end?
17. There. Is. No. Time. NO TIME.
18. Do you know what, I think I’d be happy with 40%. I can make that work.
I’ll just make up for it with the next one.
19. Need words. Any words. Please just write some words. Words words words.
20. I should throw in some big words. If I use “hence” every so often they’ll know I know exactly what I’m talking about.
21. This needs a shitload of editing.
22. *Googles how to reference*. That is just unreasonable.
As if they check the bibliography anyway.