13 Things Doing Work Experience Actually Teaches You
Whether it’s an essential part of your course, or you simply chose to do it – work experience teaches many lessons.
1. How difficult it actually is to wake up before 9am.
2. And that it really isn’t OK to stay up on Netflix all night anymore.
3. That you do actually own clothes that aren’t jeans and hoodies.
4. That jobs can be nothing like what you expected.
5. And it’s important to appreciate the little things.
6. How little you knew about how to be employable before this.
7. That work life doesn’t consist of three-hour gaps between tasks like it does for lectures.
8. That you can’t make it through a day of work on just a few hours sleep like you can at uni.
9. That real life is a lot closer than you want it to be.
10. That you are always in the mood for another cup of tea or coffee.
11. How to really appreciate ‘that Friday feeling’.
12. How much you can love work colleagues.
13. And, most surprisingly, that you actually don’t want to leave.
Early morning alarms aside, work experience is pretty sweet. ✅💯