15 Times Going To University Made You Really Miss Your Mum
One of the biggest downsides to leaving home for the first time is getting a little homesick every now and then. As much as you love being a student at university, you sometimes just really miss your mum.
1. When you had absolutely no idea how to use the washing machine in your student house.
2. And you realised how hard it is to prepare three meals a day. Every day.
The novelty wore off really quickly.
3. Because you quickly got bored of living off a pasta based diet.
4. And started to dream of having access to a fully stocked fridge.
5. When the house was never clean.
6. Which made doing all the gross jobs even worse.
7. When a phone call just wouldn’t cut it for advice.
8. Or your student loan didn’t quite stretch far enough.
9. When you were ill and really needed looking after.
10. Or you were bogged down with essays and craved her bringing you a proper cup of tea.
And giving you a mini pep talk.
11. When you got fed up of having to spend your own money on boring things like socks, bread and milk.
12. And you kind of wished you still had someone nagging you to clean your room all the time.
13. When you needed her input on adult responsibilities.
14. And on life in general, really.
15. Because it’s just not the same when she’s not there.