16 Struggles Every Student Who Is Already Excited About Christmas Will Recognise
Christmas is by far the best time of year; it’s no wonder so many of us are counting down from November 1st. But there are some struggles seriously festive students face when it isn’t exactly what other people would consider ‘Christmas time’ just yet.
1. Not enough people share your enthusiasm.
2. And your lecturers keep talking about deadlines instead of focusing on Christmas and it’s just not ok.
You’re soooo ready for this term to be over so you can get festive af without worrying about work.
3. You really want to start Christmas shopping but you’re at that point where it’s ages since you got your loan, and you won’t get the next one until after the holidays.
4. And none of your housemates quite understand just how emotional the Christmas adverts make you.
Or how long you’ve been waiting for them (since last Christmas).
5. You really want to put the tree up, but your housemates aren’t having any of it.
6. And so you probably just get a bit carried away decorating your own room instead.
7. You want to spend every night walking around the Christmas markets, but your friends are more bothered about just going to the SU as usual.
8. Nobody else on campus seems to be joining in with your Christmas jumper hype.
You’re killing it tho. Continue.
9. Everyone’s still on the value vodka at pre-drinks, and all you can think about is mulled wine.
10. And when you put your Christmas playlist on at pre-drinks, it doesn’t go down too well.
11. Nor do you get the response you were hoping for when you suggest watching Elf every night in the living room.
12. You can no longer get through a library study session without a gingerbread latte.
It would just be wrong. It’s November. Come on.
13. It annoys you how bare and completely un-festive your uni buildings look.
14. And you’re constantly hoping for snow whilst everyone else is missing the summer.
Snow would improve campus significantly. If they won’t decorate, you’ll definitely accept snow.
15. You go on group shopping trips and everyone’s sticking to the usual, but what you really want is mince pies and posh cheese.
Posh cheese > Pot Noodle. Pls.
16. But ultimately, you know you’ll feel so much better once you’ve convinced the house to sit down and organise this year’s Secret Santa.
IT’S TOO EXCITING 🎁🎉