18 Things All Metropolitan Uni Students Are Tired of Hearing
The rivalry between ‘University of’ and Metropolitan universities is often more heated than a debate between Katie Hopkins and, well, anyone… In light of this, here are some things that students at Metropolitan universities are done with hearing.
1. “Did you get in through clearing?”
2. “Wait, so you chose to study there?”
3. “A levels didn’t go as well as you’d hoped then.”
4. “What even is a Metropolitan university?”
5. “But why didn’t you go to Uni of?”
6. “So is it cheaper to study there?”
7. “I bet you wish your campus was prettier.”
You think I need acres and acres of pretty trees and fields when I could have a Subway two buildings down from my lecture theatre instead?
8. “Your course must be easy.”
9. “Don’t you guys just spend all your time going out drinking rather than studying?”
10. “So is it an arty kind of course that you do?”
11. “Sports then? I mean that’s all you guys are good at.”
Just because we beat Uni of at Varsity EVERY SINGLE TIME, it doesn’t mean we aren’t good at other things too.
12. “Wouldn’t a degree from Uni of look better on your CV?”
13. “I’ve not seen that Uni in any of the league tables.”
14. “Wait, you’re in HOW MANY days a week?!”
That’s right, maximum lie ins for me. OK, maybe this one is something we actually never get tired of answering…
15. “Your Uni must be so tiny.”
16. “They offer hardly any courses though.”
Actually, Manchester Met offer a degree entitled “Pizza course” – don’t say we aren’t diverse when it comes to course choices.
17. “Your dad works for my dad” and other chants.
18. “Oh well, rather you than me.”
1000000000000% done. 👏👏👏