12 Thoughts Everyone Has When They Go To The Hobbit
You haven’t completed your Solent student experience until you’ve taken a trip to The Hobbit and even once you have, you will not rest until you’ve achieved the Fellowship Challenge.
1. Yay, it’s a Hobbit night!
Not that it takes much persuasion to go to the Tolkien-style pub with pint cocktails and a massive garden area.
2. How can these drinks be so cheap.
If you go on Fellowship Nights you will wonder why you ever paid more than £2.50 for a cocktail.
3. Frodo, Gandalf or Gimli… which to have first?
You need to enjoy the good ones first before the horror of the Nazgul at the end of the quest.
4. Time to get a drink or three.
The crowd at the bar means you have to battle to order your drinks, so you might as well get three at a time.
5. Where am I supposed to sit?
The pub is usually heaving, so finding somewhere to sit can be a challenge in itself.
6. Let’s try and find somewhere outside.
That is after you’ve struggled with the stairs whilst juggling your trio of cocktails.
7. Is it time to eat yet?
A visit to The Hobbit wouldn’t be complete without a trip to Chef Bernie.
8. Tonight is the night that I will complete the Fellowship Quest.
Twelve pints won’t be a problem when they taste this good. Surely?
9. That t-shirt will be mine!
No one will believe that you did it, so you need the t-shirt to prove it.
10. Perhaps I was a bit ambitious…
Your heart is saying yes and dreaming of the t-shirt but your stomach is begging you to stop drinking.
11. Maybe someone will get my card stamped for me?
I want the t-shirt. I need the t-shirt. Someone help me get the t-shirt!
12. I surrender, I’ll live to fight another day.
There is always a next time and you will eventually complete the quest.