21 Things Graduates Who Return To Uni Will Definitely Understand
Returning to university after having graduated once already isn’t for everyone. For this reason, there are some things only those who do so will understand.
1. You spent ages trying to “find yourself” after graduating, only to find that you actually just need to go back to uni to get the career you’re after.
2. And you come to accept that the course you chose to do when you were 18 might not have been the most sensible life decision.
3. You quickly realise that this time around there can be no more skipping 9am lectures and scraping by.
4. Especially because you’re not getting a loan this time.
5. You discover that getting out of bed for early starts is even harder than it used to be.
6. Mostly because you feel like you have the same lack of time and sleep as someone in a full time job but without the pay.
7. You find trying to make new friends harder than you did before.
8. And you are constantly aware of how much older you are than everyone else.
9. But you mostly just miss all the friends you had the first time round.
10. If you live with your parents this time, it makes the experience a lot less exciting.
11. Not that you can hack going out any more anyway.
12. After a long day of hard work, you look forward to Netflix and a cuppa, not Predinks and take-out.
13. Going out for Freshers Week is a definite no no.
14. You sometimes find yourself forcing happiness for all of your old uni friends who are moving on with their lives.
15. While trying to remember that you’re doing this for a good reason.
16. Not that this helps when having to explain to family members why you are still in education.
17. You forgot how mind-numbing revision was.
18. And the thought of having to go through essays and exams again makes you question whether it’s worth it.
Can I not just have a career already?
19. You realise that in spite of having done all of this before, you’re still making the same old mistakes.
20. But at least this time you actually have plan.
It might have taken you a while to get to this point, but it’s not the end of the world.
21. And, no matter what, you’re going to make your second time round be the right time round.