11 People Politics Students Can’t Stand To Be Around
Many people are disengaged from politics in the UK. But, in contrast to widespread opinion, ignorance is not bliss. Well, those studying Politics don’t think so anyway.
1. Anybody who doesn’t vote.
2. Particularly people who justify not voting by saying things like “I just don’t see the point.”
Get over yourself – you’re not Russell Brand.
3. Anyone who genuinely has to ask who the Prime Minister is.
Have you been living in a cave this whole time?
4. … or who the President of the USA.
5. Everyone who still doesn’t know when Election Day is. Or if they’re even registered.
THE 7TH OF MAY PEOPLE – PUT IT IN YOUR DIARIES.
6. People who don’t understand what you mean by right-wing and left-wing.
7. Or who Labour and Conservative are…
8. Everyone who asserts that all politicians are “the same.”
Yes, Westminster has been producing political robots for centuries now, which are all programmed to behave in exactly the same way.
9. Those who think voting SNP in the General Election means you’re voting for Scottish independence.
This is not the Referendum guys. Get with it.
10. Anyone who says anything like, “Nigel Farage really seems to know what he is talking about.”
11. But the worst of all? Fellow Politics students who commit any of the above crimes.
Politics has changed us.