14 Things You’ll Only Understand If You’re An Unemployed Graduate Living At Home
When you’re an unemployed graduate still living at home while you search for a graduate job, there are some things only you will understand.
1. You sleep like it’s going out of fashion.
2. But still seem to feel tired all the time.
3. And when you’re not asleep, you mostly just sit around feeling under-qualified.
4. And take advantage of home-cooked meals.
5. You feel like the only people you actually speak to in real life these days are your parents.
6. And your pets.
7. You keep saying you should make the most of all this free time you have before you finally find a job.
8. But instead you just spend it binge watching every TV series under the sun.
9. And trying not to sound as desperate as you feel in your CV and covering letters.
10. Or guiltily spending the money you actually still have on things you don’t really need.
11. You’re trying not to be too defensive when your parents ask unforgivable questions about why you still don’t have a job.
12. And you’ve started to avoid Facebook for fear of seeing another person you went to school with get engaged or employed. Or both.
13. You’re struggling to find creative ways of rephrasing “living at home” when people ask what you’re up to.
14. Because the truth hurts.
At least it won’t be the truth forever. 🙉🙉🙉