22 Realities of Dating After You Leave University
You’ve got bigger problems than making things awkward by sleeping with someone from halls now.
1. Meeting people is so much harder.
2. And you realise you took for granted how much uni provided you with a constant stream of people to date.
Halls, lectures, societies, the SU bar… opportunities everywhere.
3. Now, instead of societies, you have to find places to go to pursue your hobbies (find dates).
Where you’ll be charged you more than you were at uni societies, but you’re still poor AF.
4. And let’s face it, it can feel a bit sad if you’re just going there to find dates.
5. It’s a much bigger deal to get involved with someone you work with than someone you study with.
6. And your walks of shame home from hookups are much longer.
Remember when everyone lived in halls? Good times, good times.
7. Having a proper job means you barely have any time to go on dates.
8. And going on an actual date can feel so weird and deliberate.
As opposed to just hanging out with someone from halls or your course and it happening more naturally.
9. Your dates involve a lot of talking about your job, because that’s like all you do.
10. And trying to make first date conversation can be kinda painful.
11. You can date multiple people casually at the same time. And it’s totally normal and OK.
12. And you meet more of a variety of people outside of your student bubble.
13. But you’re less likely to know anything about them or have mutual friends, so naturally you FB stalk them.
You’ll probably try googling them too.
14. You realise an age gap doesn’t matter so much now.
We’re all grownups here.
15. And online dating is no longer a thing that old people do.
You’re old people now.
16. You use Tinder and tell your friends all about your matches.
17. And Tinder can definitely mean awkward situations.
18. Then you realise you’ve hit the age your parents were when they got married.
19. Which isn’t helped by the fact they keep asking you if you’re seeing anyone.
20. You’ll probably feel like things aren’t going according to plan sometimes.
21. And you’ll definitely have to experience some bad dates.
22. But it’s fun, you’re young and you may as well enjoy it.
Or try to anyway.