15 Mistakes Every Bath Spa Uni Student Has Made At Least Once
We’ve all done it.
1. Going to XL on a Monday because surely you’ll be fine for lectures the next day.
I mean you’ve got this whole going out/going to lectures business down, right? Wrong.
2. Getting stuck in the doors into Commons.
Freshers, if you see everyone using the normal doors either side instead, you’ll shortly understand why.
3. Bringing up the English-Welsh divide.
We thought we could live in harmony. We could not.
4. Going for a chilled night at the SU and unexpectedly gatecrashing a massive society social.
How does everyone know everyone?!
5. Choosing to walk from Commons to the Library bus stop, and watching the bus drive past as you do.
You could’ve gone to the other stop. It was closer anyway. But you didn’t.
6. Having one more Beesting.
Tbh you were already pretty merry by your first.
7. Walking up to the top floor of Commons and realising you’ve arrived at the wrong side.
And having to go down all those stairs again, and then up all the stairs on the other side. UGH.
8. Accidentally printing a black and white document using the colour printer and having to take out a mortgage to afford it.
Especially when it’s a full-length essay.
9. Getting on a late bus from campus and realising that you’re on the dreaded drunk bus.
10. Having to buy a muffin from Starbucks, not because you want one, but because you need to reach the card limit to get a drink.
Sacrifices have to be made. Very tasty sacrifices.
11. Putting your name on the Guest List for Po’s, but rocking up at 11:05 and having to pay full price.
I mean it’s like a quid extra but still.
12. Getting a cup out at the water cooler and having them ALL fall out on you.
And then you try to put them back up into the holder thing but they won’t go and it’s all very stressful.
13. Letting club promoters into your halls during freshers.
And now you’ve had that flyer for WOW! Mondays pinned to your corkboard all year.
14. Going into the unisex toilets in Commons and having that sudden moment of panic where you think you’re in the wrong bathroom.
15. But the biggest mistake of all is thinking you won’t miss everything about Bath Spa when you go home.
Let’s not even talk about when you have to actually leave. That’s a problem for another day.