21 Things You`ll Only Understand If You Studied at UWE Bristol
The ultimate debate: is Lakota or Motion better?
1. Clifton is Bristol Uni territory.
If you do go up to the likes of Bunker and Lola Lo, beware.
2. Thekla Thursday is amazing, but only if you get there before the queue gets huge.
You have to have somebody on the ball at predrinks who booked the taxi for 11.
3. Thinking the X-14 bus is the best, then always being so disappointed every time it’s late.
You want to love it, but you hate it 😩
4. And resenting First bus prices, but admitting they’re much more reliable.
5. Being a fresher and ending up in SWX every few days.
We’ve all been there, don’t deny it.
6. Then making it to second year and getting annoyed at freshers going to SWX every few days.
7. Everyone thinks they’re on the best campus, but really The Hogwarts one was the greatest.
RIP St Matts.
8. Envying Frenchay students who can roll out of bed in the morning and head straight to lectures in 5 minutes.
9. And knowing Marketgate is the party halls.
They have some mad ones; once they had a floor party so legendary it made Bristol 24/7!
10. The orange thrones at Bower Ashton look really comfy but are actually a pain to sit on.
Tbf, a throne is not meant to be comfortable.
11. Moving to Gloucester road in second year and discovering a whole new side to Bristol.
So. Many. Bars.
12. Going to The Apple and forcing so many Old Bristolians down your neck you never make it to Kongs or even Thekla.
13. Trying to use your student card in every fast food shop.
Dandos won’t even let me in anymore.
14. Realising the further you go up Park Street, the more expensive things become.
15. Seeing more colours in girls’ hair at Bower Ashton than in that McFly song.
“Everybody wants to know her name…” 🎵
16. Loving the Broadmead Christmas Market the first day you go, but finding it takes up too much space when you’re in a rush to go anywhere.
Too many humans.
17. If you haven’t lived on Frenchay campus, going for an exam there at the end of the year is a nightmare because you have no idea where the hall is.
18. Somehow finding yourself in OMG without meaning to, but secretly kinda loving it.
19. And having the endless debate over whether Lakota or Motion is better.
They’re both good. Can we all make up now?
20. Ending up in Snappy Pizza after Propaganda even though you have a deadline.
And waking up in the morning wondering what you’re doing with your life.
21. But knowing it’s worth it, because you’ll never have more fun than you do as a student at UWE.