16 Things You`ll Understand If You Move Back North After Studying In London
After spending so long in the capital, the journey back North is a weird one.
1. You feel like you can take on anything after surviving in the big city.
2. But you also immediately remember how much smaller everywhere and everything is up North.
3. Which does come with its perks – it’s a lot easier to meet up with people.
4. On average you’re probably drinking more just because it’s so much cheaper.
5. People randomly chat to you who don’t need anything.
Why can nobody buy their own lighter in London?
6. Not everyone is in a life or death rush to get home.
7. And public transport doesn’t feel like it’s last man standing.
So no sizing up the person next to you to see if you could take them out if necessary.
8. You can go to a club without paying a ridiculous amount just to enter.
£20 is not OK.
9. And you actually go to the “city centre” to hang out.
10. You really appreciate being able to travel with real life money again.
It’s so great not being late because you have to put money on a card to use that card as money.
11. Sadly, “it’s raining” is no longer an excuse to not go out.
Because you’d just never go out. Even in summer.
12. You looked at rent prices and literally couldn’t believe it.
13. And feel like you might actually be able to afford to live like royalty up here.
14. You can go on a night out and enjoy music you really like.
Instead of pretending to enjoy grime.